Deadline: 26 March 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Yangon, Myanmar.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to line manager in development and implementation of financial management capacity building of staff.
- Provide technical support and advice to the country finance teams.
- Ensure all payments are made timely and in accordance with existing DRC forms.
- Ensure all payments meet requirements of National Law and engage with authorities, tax advisors or other stakeholders to ensure tax requirements are met accordingly.
- Ensure that payment documents comply with DRC internal financial procedures and donor regulations.
- Ensure proper transfer of funds from DRC HQ in Copenhagen to country office.
- Ensure all expenses enter the DRC Dynamics in time and of highest quality.
- Ensure to update transaction record on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies.
- Ensure all cash/bank accounts statements are reconciled.
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents.
- Support to line manager for external, internal or government audits and donor assessments.
- Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and HQ.
- Prepare for local audits.
- Immediately inform Finance Manager/Head of Support Service of any problem or issue arising in the course of the work.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by Management.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum Diploma of Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification is added advantage.
- Minimum 2-3 Years of relevant work experience in project operations and supply chain.
- The knowledge on Procurement Management Procedures of INGOs is a plus.
- Experience in data management, Microsoft office package, etc.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbally.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, strengthening a true partnership relation.
- Proven team player and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural working environment with minimal supervision.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must send Cover Letter, Passport Photo and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.