Deadline: 29 August 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The purpose of the Finance Officer is to support the project team in the area of allocation in daily financial management, accounting and payments and to contribute with their specific technical competencies in the execution of activities in Venezuela.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform following functions:
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, tools, manuals and guidelines.
- Support the implementation of the portfolio of projects according to the action plan.
- Implement procedures and activities interchangeably within the function or basic competence as delegated.
- Organize and execute tasks according to priorities and standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the area of work specialization in which technical assistance and support is provided, in order to be more effective in supporting the team.
- Initiative in solving daily problems according to the agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the work area.
- Verify and sign payment documents within their authorization limit ensuring that payment procedures are respected and that supporting documents comply with NRC rules.
- Prepare payments within their authorization limit.
- Control orders of per diem.
- Prepare and maintain the daily accounting record (post-back).
- Guarantee the monthly financial closing, prepares bank reconciliations, checks the balance accounts, according to the established rules and deadlines.
- Verify and provides budget allocation to equipment when necessary.
- Monitor the bank account in Bolívares, and ensures that sufficient funds are available.
- Responsible for filing accounting documents and other financial documents following NRC standards.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s or professional in the area of public accounting, business administration, finance or related career.
- Work experience of minimum 4 years in a similar position.
- Experience in the use of MS Office.
- Advanced Excel management.
- Previous work experience in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Basic knowledge of desired English.
- Nationality of Burkina Faso.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.