Deadline: 26 January 2020
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer, Pathways in Cotabato City, Philippines.
The Finance Officer will be responsible to provide general finance support and payroll processing to the Education Pathways to Peace program (Pathways).
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Finance activities
- Responsible for the recording of transactions to the books of accounts and the posting of monthly transaction report to the field voucher.
- Coordinate with the Corporate office issues about coding of transactions and classification of expenses.
- Review activity budget and cash advances for the activities.
- Assist in tracking compliance of expenditure against budget proposals and annual plans.
- Review liquidation/reimbursement reports for program activities conducted.
- Payroll processing
- Responsible for the fortnightly payroll computation of locally-engaged personnel including the verification of hours worked, leave availed, overtime rendered, and Time Off in Lieu availed.
- Determine the appropriate withholding tax computation on the employee’s payroll, and the employer/employee premium contributions on SSS, PHIC and Pag-ibig / HDMF.
- Prepare cheque or bank remittance advice for the payment or uploading of employees’ salaries and distribute pay slips in a timely manner.
- Remittance and Reporting
- Prepare the monthly remittance report of SSS, PHIC and Pag-ibig / HDMF premiums, SSS loans, and Pag-ibig / HDMF housing or multi-purpose loans.
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly remittance report of all taxes withheld from employees to the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Prepare the annual alphalist of employees as required by the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
- Liaise with SSS, PHIC and Pag-ibig / HDMF offices for the enrollment/update of employee, and the availment of loan benefit, sickness and other benefits.
- Prepare payroll journal fortnightly for posting into QuickBooks.
- Other payroll tasks
- Communicate with the staff information about leave balances and assist in other payroll matters that affect them individually or as a whole (e.g., policy/process changes, salary increases, performance evaluation, etc.).
- Responsible for the filing and the electronic backup of payroll files.
- Perform other payroll and personnel related functions as directed by the HR and Recruitment Manager.
Applicants must have:
- Qualifications in finance, economics or business-related courses is desirable.
- Experience in finance or accounting and payroll processing in foreign-donor funded projects.
- Experience in BARMM at the community level.
- Understanding of the Philippine Government Accounting and Auditing Procedures, taxation laws and/or Philippine Labor Laws.
- Strong competency in using Microsoft office application including accounting software such as QuickBooks, Excel, Word, etc..
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work independently in achieving results.
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.