Deadline: 2 June 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for managing the Accounts, Finance & administration of the project.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support with Financial Management:
- Lead the planning, budgeting and management of project activities including the preparation of the procurement plans.
- Work in close coordination with the Operation Manager and the country office procurement team to support preparation of submissions to the Contracts, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Regional Advisory Committee on Procurement (RACP).
- Oversee the work of project staff/ consultants/vendors and ensure timely submission of required outputs;
- Support with Internal controls:
- Maintenance of the accounts receivables for UNDP projects and recording of deposits in UNDP’s Financial Accounting System and reporting financial progress as per the Annual Work Plan.
- Preparation of payment vouchers for the project, settling of travel claims with relevant supporting documents, check their accuracy and processing in UNDP financial system, creation of requisitions in the system, making budget checks and receipting in the system.
- Provide Administrative support:
- Support project team in ensuring full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations and policies with admin assistant.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials and maintain data base of all stakeholders through Admin assistant.
- Administrative support and financial management support to State teams (travel arrangements, office maintenance among others) with support through Admin Assistant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Finance.
- Master’s Degree in Commerce or Finance/MBA (Finance).
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in administration and/or finance.
- Experience of working in the Government or other international development organization will be an asset.
- Additional experience in the procurement of goods & services is desirable.
- Experience in supporting information technology driven projects.
- Should have computer knowledge in MS Office and other applications.
- Knowledge ERP software will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Hindi and English is required.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.