Deadline: 10 May 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Napyitaw, Myanmar.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to financial planning and management.
- Control of accounts.
- Treasury and cash management.
- Knowledge and capacity building.
- Perform quality assurance of draft reports from third party service providers on HACT micro assessment, spot check and audit.
- Conduct/supervise spot checks on financial records of Government Implementing Partners as per the office assurance plan in compliance with HACT framework.
- Provide technical assistance to related Programme Officers and Implementing Partners on recommendations from audit and spot check reports.
- Perform quality assurance of follow up documents and system on audit recommendation and financial findings.
- Monitor implementation status on recommendations from Implementing Partners’ audit and spot check reports.
- Release vendor master creation to UNICEF’s Global Shared Service Centre.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- First Level University Degree in accounting, financial management or other related financial field is required.
- Diploma qualification in CIPFA is acceptable in lieu of relevant University degree, or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in financial management and audit is required.
- Experience in an international organization and/or large corporation is preferred.
- Experience in a UN system agency or organization some of which served in a developing country is an asset.
- Certified Public Accountant or ACCA with audit experience in Government Departments, NGOs or private sectors is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
- Experience in database packages, web-based management systems is an asset.
- Experience with IPSAS and/or IFRS is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar is required.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.