Deadline: 10 May 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Napyitaw, Myanmar.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to financial planning and management.
- Control of accounts.
- Treasury and cash management.
- Knowledge and capacity building.
- Perform quality assurance of draft reports from third party service providers on HACT micro assessment, spot check and audit.
- Conduct/supervise spot checks on financial records of Government Implementing Partners as per the office assurance plan in compliance with HACT framework.
- Provide technical assistance to related Programme Officers and Implementing Partners on recommendations from audit and spot check reports.
- Perform quality assurance of follow up documents and system on audit recommendation and financial findings.
- Monitor implementation status on recommendations from Implementing Partners’ audit and spot check reports.
- Release vendor master creation to UNICEF’s Global Shared Service Centre.
Applicants must have:
- First Level University Degree in accounting, financial management or other related financial field is required.
- Diploma qualification in CIPFA is acceptable in lieu of relevant University degree, or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in financial management and audit is required.
- Experience in an international organization and/or large corporation is preferred.
- Experience in a UN system agency or organization some of which served in a developing country is an asset.
- Certified Public Accountant or ACCA with audit experience in Government Departments, NGOs or private sectors is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
- Experience in database packages, web-based management systems is an asset.
- Experience with IPSAS and/or IFRS is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar is required.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.