Deadline: 1 April 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for providing support to the supervisors and colleagues in the CO by administering and executing a variety of professional and technical financial transactions and processes, applying theoretical skills and thorough knowledge of organizational goals, objectives, rules, regulations, policies and procedures to complete the tasks.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform following functions-
- Provide technical and operational support in orientation of staff from the implementing partners of HSS2 GAVI Project on HACT policies, procedures and processes.
- Provide technical and operational support to finance staff from the implementing partners of HSS2 GAVI Project on the application, interpretation and implementation of the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) that sets out clearly the funds flow process from UNICEF through the implementing partners and to the sub-national level for cash transfers funded by GAVI grant.
- Conduct/supervise spot checks on financial records of the implementing partners as per the HSS2 HACT assurance plan in compliance with HACT framework.
- Review and supervise monitoring, analysis and reconciliation of financial transactions and accounting reports for accurate and current financial information related to GAVI grant.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- First level university degree in accounting, financial management or other related financial field is required.
- Supplemental formal financial / accounting training may be accepted if University degree is not in a related financial field.
- Diploma qualification in CIPFA is acceptable in lieu of relevant University degree, or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in financial management or audit is required.
- Experience in an international organization and/or large corporation is preferred.
- Experience in a UN system agency or organization some of which served in a developing country is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel required.
- Experience in database packages, web based management systems and ERP systems (preferably SAP financial modules) is an asset.
- Experience with IPSAS and/or IFRS is an asset.
- Work experience in applying UN HACT (Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers) Framework
- Work experience in facilitation and providing trainings on financial management system
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.