Deadline: 23 June 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
- Analyse and report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Contribute toward preparation of funding proposal, allocate, monitor, analyse trends, collaborate with other units for corrective actions when necessary, and report on funds with special terms ensuring adherence to donor restrictions and reporting requirements.
- Monitor and analyse budgets for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, or First University Degree in the same subject(s) with additional years of related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant work experience in the Finance Field.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and English languages.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.