Deadline: 12 March 2023
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Organize the day-to-day budget and financial operations encompassing monitoring and clearance, financial accounting and reporting, work plan and award management including cash flow forecasting and monitoring, while liaising with relevant team members.
- Support the funding allocations and awards, prepare necessary forms for the awards’ cycle and implements all budgetary and financial actions in the Global Management System (GSM), this includes work plan funding requests, submission of award budgets, reprogramming of awards and preparation of expenditure batches, while ensuring speedy response to the incident management team’s financial requests. Ensure expenditures are appropriately charged to awards in line with the conditions in agreements with donors.
- Follow-up on donor proposals and reporting deadlines; verify and provide budgetary clearance to proposals and reports for resource mobilization team ensure compliance with relevant financial policies, procedures and emergency SOPs.
- Track and report on financing against budget: monitor implementation rates, consolidate financial data, prepare periodic/ad hoc budgetary and financial statements and returns, identify financial gaps, and recommend alternative action to mangers as appropriate.
- Update and maintain an accurate tracking system of all financial activities pertaining to the emergency preparedness, recovery and response operations at the country level.
- Ensure accurate recording of financial transactions, calculation and payment of salaries, allowances and other payments to staff, non-staff, contractors and vendors.
Applicants must have:
- First university degree in accounting, financial management, business or public administration or economics with specialization in budgeting/accounting from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Advanced university degree in in business administration, finance, accounting, or public administration.
- Professional qualification or certification in accounting/accountancy (CPA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Minimum 1 year’ experience, working in finance, budget/accounting.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting and consolidation of financial data using ERP systems or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Knowledge of French or other UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.