Deadline: 04 February 2023
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Performing accounting and business policies and procedures necessary to close the books and prepare financial statements, including; the monthly/quarterly/annual closing, reviewing accounts and balances, preparing reconciliations, supporting and maintaining various division and business unit financial processes, preparing and maintaining various summary reports.
- Monitor and analyze global, regional and country level financial management (based on reported financial information and audit reports) to identify anomalies and exceptions and follow up where further involvement is required.
- Recommends and formulates policy revisions and adjustments relating to global, regional and country level recording of expenditure, as needed.
- Perform accurate and consistent accounting compliance with IPSAS and corporate policies and procedures.
- Provide management with timely and accurate information to support business decisions.
- Supporting the external audit process including prepare replies / provide compiling and coordinating data from regions / Global Shared Services (GSC), preparation of management reports.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced level University degree in financial management, accounting, business administration or closely related other field.
- Professional accounting qualification such as CA, CPA, ACCA or other equivalent qualification.
- At least 7 year’s experience with relevant financial management responsibility, including some international and/or field/country based experience.
- ERP experience.
- Experience in ERP implementation projects would be an asset.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.