Deadline: 05 December 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure financial transactions are in compliance with the financial rules and regulations and that the imprest accounts are reconciled and submitted to the Regional Office in a timely manner.
- Prepare general and specific budgetary estimates for projects; monitor the application, control and accounting of approved budgetary allocations by programmes.
- Track and report on financing against budget; monitor implementation rates, consolidate financial data, prepare periodic/ad hoc budgetary and financial statements and returns, identify financial gaps, and recommend alternative action to managers as appropriate.
- Consolidate, analyze and prepare the financial data as well as reports for the country office.
- Facilitate and implement the efficient running of financial operations within the Polio programme, ensuring strict compliance with accounting standards including the application of IPSAS and other financial policies and procedures.
- In coordination with the RMO, collaborate with counterparts within other UN agencies and Donors to facilitate budget resource management planning and resource mobilization.
- Follow-up on donor proposals and reporting deadlines; verify and provide budgetary clearance to proposals and reports for resource mobilization team.8. Brief staff members and non-staff on relevant financial and budgetary rules and procedures.
Applicants must have:
- First university degree in accounting, financial management, business or public administration or economics with specialization in budgeting/accounting.
- An advanced university degree (Masters level or above) in business administration, finance, accounting, or public administration, professional qualification or licensure in accounting/ accountancy.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in finance, budget/accounting. Demonstrated experience in accounting and consolidation of financial data using ERP systems or similar packages.
- Experience or knowledge working in an international organization, and/or UN agency.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.