Deadline: 21 April 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will perform the following functions-
- Monitor, analyze and follow up country office financial management (based on reported financial information and audit reports) to identify anomalies and exceptions where further involvement is required.
- Oversee imprested exceptions where reconciliations are not completed on a timely basis or reconciling pending items.
- Identify WHO country office trends and exceptions from expenditure analysis reports where further follow up is required and ensure exceptions are corrected.
- Provide support at country level, working closely with BFOs.
- Provide guidance to budget and finance staff in WHO country offices in the application of expenditure policies and procedures.
- Recommend improvements to expenditure policy, procedures and controls and ensure recommendations are implemented.
- Issue and update SOPs, guidance and work aids on country financial management.
- Assist with the development of standard training materials and provide training.
- In respect of all the above, provide support to BFOs to improve WHO country financial management, intervening in conjunction with the WHO Regional Office where specific problems are identified.
- Duties might involve travel.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced level University degree in financial management or other field relevant to the position.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with financial management responsibility, including field based experience of which at least 3 years at the international level.
- At least two years experience working with IAS and IPSAS.
- ERP experience is also required.
- Proven experience in analyzing financial data and trends, and in producing reports.
- Experience working in the United Nations or the World Health Organization.
- Oracle experience.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.