Deadline: 4 May 2016
CARE is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Operations Director in Mogadishu, Somalia.
The Finance and Operations Director will manage all aspects of program administration, providing effective support in finance, operations, human resources, procurement, asset management, information technology, and security functions.
CARE’s mission is to serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Operations Director will perform the following functions-
- Oversee day-to-day operations and financial management of the project.
- Collaborate closely with the Chief of Party, CARE’s Country Director, and other senior project staff to ensure compliance with USAID requirements in all financial, administrative, and other operational areas. Collaborate with program leads to identify resources that help the program meet its goals, deliverables, and milestones.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and translate the work plan to line items in order to develop annual and project budgets. Coordinate input for the annual budgeting process with the Chief of Party and partners. Develop budgets, and budget forecasts, and monitor budgets on an on-going basis.
- Monitor expenses against the program budget, and provide precise, detailed, reports during project start-up and throughout implementation and close-out.
- Manage all aspects of procurement, from planning to purchasing, in compliance with CARE’s policies and standards.
- Ensure compliance with all USAID regulations and CARE policies, practices, and regulations.
- Advise project staff on donor requirements; provide training on financial management, recordkeeping, operational systems, and policies as needed.
- Analyze project expenses, including partner financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ensure preparation and submission of complete and accurate financial reports and cash requests to CARE and USAID.
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components and finance and administrative functions within the project.
- Prepare all required documentation for accounting and audits.
- Supervise and mentor project operations and finance staff.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent degree/s in finance, accounting, commerce, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience managing financial, accounting, and operations functions for large, multi-faceted USAID projects in the $25 million and up range. Experience working on USAID-funded contracts is required.
- Experience with USAID project accounting requirements and experience in creating, utilizing, and managing systems and staff that ensure compliance with those requirements.
- Experience in budget monitoring and managing financial reporting requirements.
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible supervisory experience, including direct supervision and mentoring of a team of operations and financial staff.
- Balance of strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances.
- Previous experience in Somalia is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Fluency in English is required; knowledge of local languages (Arabic or Somali) is a plus.
- Ability to travel within Somalia as required and as the security situation allows.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit CARE.