Deadline: 10 July 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Senior Assistant (Financial Accounting) in New York, United States.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Senior Assistant (Financial Accounting) will the following functions:
- Maintenance of the office filing system:
- Opening of new subject files as required and disposal of old files in accordance with the instructions provided by the management;
- Maintenance of archives, making sure files are properly stored and accessible; safekeeping of documents;
- Provision of photocopies of material from the registry files, as requested by staff. Assistance in the collection of reference and background material from registry files;
- Establishment and maintenance of records system of file movements within the office; maintenance of the office circulation and reading files.
- Provides accounting support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review of payment requests for completeness prior to processing to ensure that documentation is complete and all information concerning the payment has been supplied; proper accounting codes used;
- Certification of services rendered/goods delivered is written on the payment document and duly signed by authorized officials; payment to sub-contractors are in compliance with terms and conditions of agreement;
- Review and confirmation of appropriateness of operational transactions processed through the interpretation and determination of applicable policies, regulations, rules, i.e. disbursements within authorized limits, payroll, contractual agreements, payments to suppliers, travel claims, etc;
- Provides cash management support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance and review of petty cash establishment requests, justification and replenishment, closure and transfer, within the NYSC region programmes;
- Maintenance and review of operational advance establishment requests, justification and replenishment, closure and transfer, within the NYSC region programmes.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education/High school diploma is required.
- University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s), preferably in Business or Public Administration, Finance or another related discipline, will be considered an asset and may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Diploma or certification in finance-related subjects or business administration an asset.
- 5 year’s of relevant finance experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers (MS Office or Google Suite) advanced knowledge of spreadsheet packages, experience in handling web-based management systems is required.
- Fluency in English (read, write, speak) is required
- Fluency/working knowledge of another UN language is an asset
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.