Deadline: 3 June 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Specialist in Tripoli, Libya. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Finance Specialist is responsible for financial management and compliance in the Tunisia and Libya mission.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building of staff
- Provide technical support and advice to the country finance teams
- Financial Management
- In close cooperation with Managers in geographical area reinforce existing procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with guidelines of DRC’s Operations Handbook, internal guidelines and donor requirements.
- Support timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and HQ.
- Ensure compliance with relevant country statutory and other financial obligations such as tax, levies and statutory returns
- Monthly financial briefings to relevant Manager.
- Ensure thorough and effective budgetary control in the country programs.
- Liaise with relevant Managers on key financial issues for all programs in the country, including co-funding, financial reporting, key variances and any remedial action.
- Collecting cash forecasts from all Programme Managers and requesting funds in a timely manner.
- Maintain a continuous overview of funding levels and pay particular attention to shared support costs, including staff salaries.
- Ensure all required documentation for financial audits in cooperation with Coordination staff and HQ.
- Ensure monthly meetings are held with project managers to discuss key variances, reasons for these, and any remedial action that is required.
- Prepare for local audits.
- Contribute to the development of proposals with regards to budgeting in cooperation with Managers.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 years of international practical experience in financial management.
- Proven experience in managing large budgets.
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training.
- Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities.
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, OFDA, WFP, DFID or BPRM guidelines).
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.