Deadline: 31 January 2020
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Specialist in Nanyuki, Kenya. The duration of this post is 2 years.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Finance Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide financial advisory services on the functionality and operational functions of a water supply system (including revenue management and cost reduction measures) and developing a public private community partnership (PPCPs) model.
- Implement sustainable Public Private Community Partnerships working frameworks with County Governments and communities in ASAL regions.
- Work with local community stakeholders in developing local solutions that support sustainable and climate resilient water systems.
- Maintain and manage collaborative relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Support ASAL Counties in the identification of commercially viable water systems for implementing and adopting PPCPs.
- Provide financial analysis and business planning support to ASAL Counties/Water Utilities/Private Sector players in developing and successfully implementing PPCP models of managing small and medium sized water projects in ASAL areas.
- Develop ASAL Counties Government/Water Service Providers/private sector investors’ capacity to adopt/implement climate resilient technologies innovations.
- Support County Governments, and ASAL communities to embrace private sector participation models and principles in water services provision.
- Support ASAL Counties to develop and implement and monitor consumer engagement strategies.
- Encourage the introduction of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) as Operators, Managers and Investors of water projects in ASAL areas in order to strengthen private sector channels.
- Assist Water User Associations, Water Service Providers and County Governments in engaging and managing the private sector as service contractors, managers, investors or innovative technology providers.
- Support the existing partnership through linkages with the larger programme.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Finance, or related Fields such as social sciences and project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 year’s of relevant professional experience in the WASH Sector.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant professional experience, at least two of the following:
- Evaluating financial documents for correctness and completeness.
- Experience in preparing cost – benefit analyses, feasibility studies or other public sector financial analysis.
- Experience in preparing business cases, budgets, or other private sector financial analysis.
- Experience in ensuring that financial and accounting reports are prepared in accordance with donor rules and regulations.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must apply by submitting a brief letter of motivation (1 page) and your CV (not more than 3 pages) through online process.
For more information, please visit SNV.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.