Deadline: 7 April 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Specialist in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance Specialist provides revenue and treasury accounting services; coordinates and assists with the preparation of the UNDP Financial Statements and other Statutory Reports; provides guidance and direction to the UNDP financial community including GSSC on accounting policies and procedures; manages Inter-fund Accounts; over sees Trust fund accounting and is the UNDP focal point for USAID credits of credit.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Finance lead, Treasury, Investments and Revenue
- Develop accounting policy and related procedures – reviews business practice, researches accounting literature and applies technical standards.
- Advise GSSC on complex or non-recurring business issues ( including SLAs) and transactions.
- Functional lead on select business process design and execution within corporate tools, including update of POPP and SOPs.
- Monitor practices and provides advisory services to Global Process owners and Senior Management.
- Oversee USAIS letter of credit process for Global process owner.
- Statutory and Corporate reporting
- Assist with the preparation of the statutory/corporate periodic reports including Financial Statements, Trust Funds statements, Executive reports, Financial Statements for other Agencies and other corporate reports required for decision making.
- Ensure that the data presented is accurate and appropriately supported.
- Coordinate data collection and preparation of non-financial sections of the reports.
- Perform monthly/quarterly analysis of accounts, ensuring significant issues are identified and escalated when necessary.
- Undertake financial analysis for Global Process owners and senior management.
Applicants must have-
- Professional accounting qualification certificate from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy.
- Minimum 7 years of practical experience in providing financial management advisory services at national and/or international settings.
- Sound and detailed understanding of the UN environment, and the Finance and Accounting policies of UNDP.
- Familiarity with the complexity of client relationships among international organisations national governments and civil society.
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), preferably with ATLAS (PeopleSoft) is desirable.
- Experience of IPSAS and/or IFRS is required for external candidates.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an advantage, particularly Spanish or French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.