Deadline: 2 April 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Specialist in Kiev, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Financial Specialist will analyze and interpret the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex financial issues.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Elaboration of proposals for planning of financial resources of the Office or Operations/Project Centre, continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation and presentation of forecasts for development and management projects; provision of high-quality professional advice to the Office or Operations/Project Centre management.
- Proper planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources, in accordance with UNOPS financial rules and regulations.
- Organization and oversight of Office, Operations/Project Centre cash management processes, including liquidity management, recommendation of imprest level, risk assessment, bank relationship management, timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, security for cash assets on site.
- Monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions.
- Provision of information to supervisors and other UNOPS staff at HQ on the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
- Elaboration/establishment of internal standard operating procedures and control of the workflows in the Finance Unit.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost-saving and reduction strategies (including introduction and development of e-banking).
- Up-to-date on policy developments on UNOPS financial management issues.
- Monitoring of the delivery and income of the portfolio; planning and adjustment of expenditures for the administrative budget.
- Discussion and communication with the Head of Operations the savings or potential concerns that may require further review.
- Analysis of trends and forecasting of income from projects and other sources.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years (with master’s degree) or 7 years (with bachelor’s degree) of progressively responsible professional accounting experience with responsibility for project accounting and preparation of financial statements in a highly computerized environment.
- Knowledge of UNOPS financial rules and regulations; working knowledge of ERP systems and experience with MS Office 2010 and/or newer versions.
- Proficiency in written and oral English and Ukrainian required.
- Knowledge of second UN working language desirable.
- Nationality and Residency of Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.