Deadline: 15 July 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Technical Assistant in Erbil, Iraq.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Finance Technical Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to the plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Process day to day payment in cash and banks (Suppliers, cash advances, staff etc.) ensuring all the supporting documents adhere to NRC Financial Regulations.
- Manage and control travel advances of staff traveling in the region, ensuring all advances are properly cleared at the end of the month.
- Manage petty cash cashbook and ensure daily recording of expenditures.
- Perform weekly cash counts, cash inventory at the end of the month and bank reconciliations.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Experience from working in a finance role preferably in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business administration or Finance related field.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office package.
- Knowledge of any accounting system will be an asset.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Very good knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.