Deadline: 4 September 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Technical Assistant in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 4 months.
The purpose of the Finance Technical Assistant is to support program activities in Maiduguri and in the field offices.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Technical Assistant will perform following functions:
- Ensure that cash is kept properly, payment process and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements.
- Make sure that daily cash counts are maintained and posting of transactions are done on a daily basis and all payment process on time.
- Responsible for introducing or removing NRC bank Account signatory.
- Be responsible for bank transactions in line with NRC policy and procedures.
- Posting of income and cost into bank cash boxes i.e. USD and NGN daily basis.
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field offices in regard to funds transfer requests and other payments through the bank.
- Be responsible for accurate payroll transfer to the bank and follow-up on the transaction on individual staff accounts.
- Be responsible for the release of payment to contractors & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the keeping of cash in Maiduguri Office.
- Preparing daily cash count of Maiduguri office.
- Preparing of Cheque and transfer letter to the bank.
- Responsible for clearing of advances and the outstanding balance of staff in Maiduguri.
Applicants must have:
- Preferably a degree in Finance, Economics or any other related Course.
- Ability to work as a member of the team.
- Previous (2 years) experience working in an accounting department (preferably NGO).
- Willingness to be flexible and respond in a timely manner to support colleague when need arise.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.