Deadline: 4 September 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Technical Assistant in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 4 months.
The purpose of the Finance Technical Assistant is to support program activities in Maiduguri and in the field offices.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Technical Assistant will perform following functions:
- Ensure that cash is kept properly, payment process and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor, auditor and the authorities requirements.
- Make sure that daily cash counts are maintained and posting of transactions are done on a daily basis and all payment process on time.
- Responsible for introducing or removing NRC bank Account signatory.
- Be responsible for bank transactions in line with NRC policy and procedures.
- Posting of income and cost into bank cash boxes i.e. USD and NGN daily basis.
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field offices in regard to funds transfer requests and other payments through the bank.
- Be responsible for accurate payroll transfer to the bank and follow-up on the transaction on individual staff accounts.
- Be responsible for the release of payment to contractors & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the keeping of cash in Maiduguri Office.
- Preparing daily cash count of Maiduguri office.
- Preparing of Cheque and transfer letter to the bank.
- Responsible for clearing of advances and the outstanding balance of staff in Maiduguri.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Preferably a degree in Finance, Economics or any other related Course.
- Ability to work as a member of the team.
- Previous (2 years) experience working in an accounting department (preferably NGO).
- Willingness to be flexible and respond in a timely manner to support colleague when need arise.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.