Deadline: 15 May 2016
Transparency International (TI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Accountant in Berlin, Germany. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Financial Accountant will coordinate day-to-day accounting processes for TI-S, including the analysis and control of financial data for Financial Statements.
TI’s mission is to stop corruption and promote transparency, accountability and integrity at all levels and across all sectors of society.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Accountant will perform the following functions-
- Support the team leader in the development and implementation of process improvements and new monitoring tools.
- Participate in the collection and review of financial data from other movement entities, and support the related internal reporting.
- Perform controls on routine bookkeeping activities, including periodic reviews and reconciliations.
- Responsible for certain Financial Statements areas, e.g. Fixed Assets, and the related bookings.
- Support preparation of financial statements and other organizational reports.
- Ensure the operational efficiency and effectiveness of all accounting procedures.
- Support clear internal project communications capability across TI-S and the Movement.
- Provide support to TI-S staff on all issues related to financial accounting and related matters.
Applicants must have-
- University studies in Accounting/Finance/Economics/Business and Part/Full qualified as an Accountant (e.g. ACCA, CIMA or ACA or International Bilanzbuchhalter).
- At least 4 years of experience in Finance, preferably with an audit firm.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate financial matters to individuals with different backgrounds.
- Flexibility, goal oriented and capable of working under pressure and against deadlines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; German as well as other languages is seen as assets.
- Excellent MS Office skills, knowledge of SQL and/or MS Dynamics NAV usage are an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter in English via email.
For more information, please visit TI.