Deadline: 4 December 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Financial Analyst in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Financial Analyst will have responsibilities for specific individual tasks/projects as well as for working as an integral part of the team in executing FABBK’s work program, while maintaining close relationships with the other Treasury departments.
WBG has set two ambitious goals first is reducing extreme poverty to 3% by 2030 and second is promoting shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40% of the population in every country.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Analyst will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Support of Banking Products activities
- Collaborate with senior bankers in the delivery of customized financial solutions for client countries.
- Provide indicative pricing for loan conversions and other risk management products (interest rate fixings, currency conversions, etc.).
- Support of Learning, Outreach and Analysis activities
- Develop and customize presentations on financial products and services.
- Assist in preparing and delivering workshops and training events.
- Support the team’s engagement reporting
- Compile data and content related to FABBK client engagements.
- Draft corporate reporting (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis).
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree in economics and/or finance or related field, some work experience in finance is a plus.
- Strong computer skills, high command of Excel.
- Ability to program in Visual Basic is a plus.
- Strong quantitative, organizational and research skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a wide range of tasks (including some clerical/administrative when needed).
- Ability to work, with minimal supervision, as a member of a dynamic, fast-paced team.
- Ability to independently set priorities and manage an intense, rapidly changing, work program.
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Familiarity with web editing tools, e.g. Dreamweaver.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and one of the following: French or Portuguese.
- Enthusiasm for, and a commitment to, development work.
- Highest ethical standards.
- Proactive approach is highly welcome.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.