Deadline: 7 November 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Control Officer in Islamabad, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Financial Control Officer is responsible for handling loan and grant disbursements in the PRM Disbursement Unit and provides support through the performance of a variety of specialized duties relating to the loan disbursement function of PRM and provides assistance to internal and external stakeholders on loan and grant disbursement related matters.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Financial Control Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Process withdrawal applications under ADB’s sovereign loans and grants by reviewing and approving withdrawal applications, ascertaining eligibility of expenditures, verifying completeness and correctness of the documentation and accuracy of computation, to ensure conformity with relevant legal provisions, policies and procedures.
- Assist, as considered necessary, in resolving disbursement issues for timely closing of loan accounts after the loan closing date.
- Provide guidance to the EA in the interpretation and compliance with ADB’s disbursement policies and procedures including participation and contribution in related field missions, workshops, seminars, training sessions and meetings with EA in ADB on disbursement matters. Participate as a resource person in loan disbursement seminars organized by PRM and the Controller’s Department, as necessary.
- Coordinate with Project officers on producing monthly and/or quarterly reports on portfolio disbursement performance.
- Undertake review of SOE to ensure compliance with ADB procedures and requirements and reports findings to Controller’s Department.
- Review upon request overall accounting and internal control system and record maintenance procedures of EAs during loan processing and contribute to relevant report preparation.
- Review and comment on draft project documents relating to loan and grant disbursements and undertakes research and analysis, as needed
- Ensure that actions are taken for advance accounts closure for all loans prior to loan closing date.
- Specific tasks include proactive identification and monitoring of IAs balances, final advance account reconciliation, resolution or agreement with
- EAs on withheld items and obtaining final refunds where necessary prior to loan account closing.
- Guide Administrative Staff to ensure uniform and consistent compliance with applicable ADB disbursement policies and procedures.
- Monitor the status of disbursements and WAs of loans assigned and maintains related records.
- Identify and report advance utilization trends, analyses actual and disbursements compared to projections to the supervisor at PRM and CTLA for necessary action, if any.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance, preferably with master’s degree; preferably a Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA/ CPA or equivalent).
- At least 8 years relevant work experience, preferably with at least two years in international multilateral and bilateral agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Familiarity with accepted best practices with local languages and institutions.
- Proficiency in use of spreadsheets and required information technologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.