Deadline: 7 November 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Control Officer in Islamabad, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Financial Control Officer is responsible for handling loan and grant disbursements in the PRM Disbursement Unit and provides support through the performance of a variety of specialized duties relating to the loan disbursement function of PRM and provides assistance to internal and external stakeholders on loan and grant disbursement related matters.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Financial Control Officer will perform the following functions-
- Process withdrawal applications under ADB’s sovereign loans and grants by reviewing and approving withdrawal applications, ascertaining eligibility of expenditures, verifying completeness and correctness of the documentation and accuracy of computation, to ensure conformity with relevant legal provisions, policies and procedures.
- Assist, as considered necessary, in resolving disbursement issues for timely closing of loan accounts after the loan closing date.
- Provide guidance to the EA in the interpretation and compliance with ADB’s disbursement policies and procedures including participation and contribution in related field missions, workshops, seminars, training sessions and meetings with EA in ADB on disbursement matters. Participate as a resource person in loan disbursement seminars organized by PRM and the Controller’s Department, as necessary.
- Coordinate with Project officers on producing monthly and/or quarterly reports on portfolio disbursement performance.
- Undertake review of SOE to ensure compliance with ADB procedures and requirements and reports findings to Controller’s Department.
- Review upon request overall accounting and internal control system and record maintenance procedures of EAs during loan processing and contribute to relevant report preparation.
- Review and comment on draft project documents relating to loan and grant disbursements and undertakes research and analysis, as needed
- Ensure that actions are taken for advance accounts closure for all loans prior to loan closing date.
- Specific tasks include proactive identification and monitoring of IAs balances, final advance account reconciliation, resolution or agreement with
- EAs on withheld items and obtaining final refunds where necessary prior to loan account closing.
- Guide Administrative Staff to ensure uniform and consistent compliance with applicable ADB disbursement policies and procedures.
- Monitor the status of disbursements and WAs of loans assigned and maintains related records.
- Identify and report advance utilization trends, analyses actual and disbursements compared to projections to the supervisor at PRM and CTLA for necessary action, if any.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance, preferably with master’s degree; preferably a Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA/ CPA or equivalent).
- At least 8 years relevant work experience, preferably with at least two years in international multilateral and bilateral agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Familiarity with accepted best practices with local languages and institutions.
- Proficiency in use of spreadsheets and required information technologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.