Deadline: 29 April 2016
Volunteer Services Overseas (VSO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Management Advisor in Mtwara, Tanzania.
The Financial Management Advisor will work as part of the Tanzania Local Economic Development project which aims to increase the benefit to local communities in Tanzania of investment in the mining industry.
VSO works on tackling inequality, injustice, poverty and climate change.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Management Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Work with the Small Industries Development Organization (SIDO), Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) and Tanzania Women Chamber of Commerce (TWCC), to coach and mentor local companies in the mining supply chain to improve their financial management capacity and their ability to access financing, win contracts, budget and report financially.
- Coach SIDO, TCCIA and TWCC staff providing business support services to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve the quality of financial management support.
- Contribute to local companies winning more contracts and employing more people and therefore ensuring a greater proportion of mining investment benefits local people.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related subject.
- Fully qualified accountant.
- Experience in developing financial management systems.
- Ability to formulate and implement financial regulations, policies and procedures.
- Good experience in establishing and supporting organization development.
- Facilitation and training skills.
- Strong understanding of business ethics.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit VSO.