Deadline: 23 August 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Management Specialist in Kingston, Jamaica. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Financial Management Specialist will work on all financial management (FM) aspects of the World Bank’s operations in the Caribbean region portfolio.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Management Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Assess the adequacy of project financial management arrangements, providing implementation support and supervising projects financed by loans and grants.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s audit and other FM requirements, ensuring that the project operations are carried out in accordance with sound financial management practices.
- Perform analytical work on financial management and accountability issues, and carrying out capacity building activities as part of the Governance team.
- Take a proactive role in providing advice and support to clients and for coming up with agile and innovative approaches to strengthening fiduciary assurance over the use of funds.
- Work within the Caribbean regional team, which includes Task Team Leaders, colleagues in the LC3 Country Management Unit (LC3 CMU), Procurement and other technical specialists, and Administrative and Client Service (ACS) staff.
Applicants must have:
- Highly-motivated and passionate financial management specialist with strong client orientation, interpersonal and integrative thinking skills.
- Qualified professional accountant (CPA, CA or equivalent membership of an internationally recognized professional accountancy body).
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., accounting, finance or public policy).
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Relevant professional experience in public sector financial management would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WBG.