Deadline: 6 November 2017
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Management Specialist in Bujumbura, Burundi.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Officer will perform the following functions-
- Carry out FM assessments for new projects and FM supervision assessments for ongoing projects covering project budgeting, internal controls, accounting, treasury/funds flow, financial reporting, and auditing arrangements including adequacy and suitability of project FM staff.
- Monitor on-going compliance by projects with the Bank’s FM policies and procedures.
- Monitor borrower’s compliance with financial covenants including audit.
- Conduct internal control reviews and Statement of Expenditures (SOE) reviews, in conjunction with disbursement and procurement staff, to determine eligibility of expenditures for Bank financing.
- Review periodic Interim Financial Reports (IFR).
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, economics or related subject and at least 5 years of post-professional-qualification (after qualifying as a professional accountant) experience in auditing or financial management. Applicants must be qualified professional accountant (CPA, CA or equivalent membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting institute).
- Familiarity with public sector financial management would be a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in both written and spoken French language is necessary, with good understanding of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Standards on Auditing (ISA).
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and the International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions (ISSAI) would be an added advantage.
- Experience in designing and assessing internal control systems using internationally accepted control frameworks such as COSO.
- Experience in evaluating financial management systems (including budgeting, accounting, cash management, internal audit, financial reporting systems).
- Experience in assessing auditor competence and independence.
- Experience in the design and implementation of computerized financial management systems.
- Experience in evaluating/interpreting financial statements and in determining appropriate remedial actions.
- Experience in evaluating audit reports / management letters, following up on issues resulting from the audits.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and orally in French with good working understanding of English.
- Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.