Deadline: 7 February 2019
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Financial Management & Systems Specialist in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
The Financial Management & Systems Specialist is responsible for the financial coordination of the Tajikistan LFA Team and for helping ensure that all LFA work is of high quality and completed within the timeframe set by the GFATM.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Support Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Review Disbursement Request/Financial Progress Updates and complete the LFA Progress Review and Recommendation for Ongoing Disbursement forms.
- Timely and relevant review and comments to the Global Fund on the PR’s completed Enhanced Financial Reporting format.
- Review various documents submitted by Principal Recipient and provide independent opinion/analysis of financial adequacy for GFATM grants including budgets, their revisions, Concept Notes, etc.
- Identify financial weaknesses and make recommendations with timeframes for necessary follow up by the PR.
- Discuss with the Country Team Leader any other institutional and financial aspects to be reviewed and take action.
- Prepare mission reports on the format required by Global Fund and submit it to the Country TL.
- Attend field visits with/ without the finance team members and debrief the SRs/SSRs on the filed visit outcomes.
- Suggest remedial measures on the potential weaknesses of the SR Management in the optimum utilization of GFATM grant money and safeguarding the GF grants against any fraud.
- Red-flagging for the Global Fund of any potential risk of misuse of the GFATM Grants.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields with an additonal experience of 2 years may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- An internationally recognized professional accounting qualification is highly desirable (CA/CMA/CPA/ACCA etc.), but not mandatory.
- 5 years’ relevant experience with a Master’s degree or 7 years relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in: grants management, funds management, budget / budgeting, account reconciliation, cash management, financial management / financial analysis / financial reporting is required.
- Ability to review and analyse financial statements (including income and expenditure statements, balance sheets and cash reconciliation statements) and critically assessing budgets and financial management systems is required.
- Experience with: IPSAS, Asset Management, Planning and reviewing and Financial control is desirable.
- Strong audit / financial and compliance or forensic auditing skills are desirable.
- Previous LFA experience is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Russian and Working knowledge of Tajik is required.
- Nationality of Tajikistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.