Deadline: 27 February 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Officer in Chennai, India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Financial Officer will perform the following functions-
- Review and posting of daily transactions booked in Sungard’s Investran Accounting module (Investran) for private equity, real assets and long-term credit investments of pension plan’s investment portfolio.
- Analyze monthly and historical performance including attribution analysis of above asset classes for internal management reporting.
- Review and analyze management and performance fees for these asset classes for reasonableness and completeness based on legal and financial documents.
- Assist headquarters in the drafting and review of the Annual Report of the Plan as well as the year-end audit of the pension plans.
- Review routine or ad-hoc quarterly performance reporting package for the investment team or senior management.
- Assisting in a variety of tasks within a multi-asset class management business in the areas of operations, fund accounting and management reporting;
- Ensure that all business processes in the unit are properly documented and complied with.
- Communicate effectively with TRO staff and management both in Chennai and in Washington, D.C. headquarters on the status of all assigned activities.
- Step in when required to provide oversight of day-to-day deliverables of team in terms of quality and deadlines.
- Reviewe the work of junior staff and provide for adequate back-up to ensure deliverables and reporting requirements are promptly and accurately met.
- Identify capacity and back-up needs, ensure staff are adequately cross-trained and work is equitably distributed.
- Identify process improvements and create checks and controls by suggesting ways to make processes more streamlined and robust.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Business.
- CFA/FRM/CIPM/CAIA charter will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 year’s of post-qualification relevant work experience required in asset management, fund administration or back and middle office of a Financial Institution or a Business Process Outsourcing Unit (BPO) supporting operations of international investment portfolios.
- Experience in fund accounting is also desirable.
- Ability to deal with various third parties such as custodians, fund administrators, investment managers, general partners etc. to obtain information.
- Experience in managing client relationship with focus on quality and consistency of meeting client expectations in line with the agreed SLAs including reporting of the KPIs / KRIs.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including excellent spreadsheet skills.
- Familiarity with data automation/analytics tool will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly and effectively for maximum productivity.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written.
- High level of initiative, self-confidence and a self-starter; ability to apply a practical matured approach to problem solving with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to work in a respectful, team-oriented and multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility to overlap with U.S. hours will be required to meet reporting deadlines along with willingness to travel to Washington D.C. for training and team projects.
- Highest ethical standards.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.