Deadline: 22 September 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Officer in Chennai, India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Financial Officer will be responsible for providing support to all functions described above, including the preparation of management reporting analytics, alignment of accounting results with financial / management reporting, creation of efficiencies through automation and streamlining of deliverables, and assuring IT system development projects are under budget and comply with business requirements and needed governance framework(s).
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Financial Officer will perform the following functions-
- Review and analysis of investment profitability information for IFC’s monthly/quarterly operational, financial and management reports to the Board, IFC & WBG senior management, including reports on department-/ sector- and region-wise profit & loss reports, profitability KPIs etc.
- Lead efforts in the development, streamlining, automation and coordination of IFC’s operational, financial and management reports.
- Guide the team to carry out quality assurance of IFC’s operational, financial and management reports by verifying data to various source systems, reconciliation and ensuring data consistency across operational, financial and management reports.
- Lead efforts to perform ad hoc analysis with database management and reporting / visualization tool like Tableau/Business Objects for management / other stakeholders
- Participate / Lead (wherever required) in the implementation of new features or enhancements to various operational and finance systems of IFC.
- Participate in project team meetings and prepare / review business requirement documents, design analysis documents, test scenarios and change management plans etc.
- Perform / supervise testing at various stages of systems development including user acceptance testing, integration testing etc.
- Documentation and maintenance of process flow charts with business process management tool or, procedure manuals etc.
- Guide the team to support user training needs by developing training materials and handling user queries post implementation, where applicable.
- Regularly share key information on processes, timelines, status, responsibilities, expectations and potential problems with supervisors and senior team members and seek their input.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and special assignments as needed.
- Supervision of WFAFS team members, including performance management; providing timely feedback, coaching, and mentoring support to the team to achieve desired outcomes.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in business, finance, accounting, systems or related fields.
- CPA/CA/ACCA/CGMA or equivalent professional qualification is required.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant professional experience in similar or complementary roles.
- Knowledge and experience in accounting and financial and/or management reporting, with a strong understanding of US GAAP and its effect on financial metrics / ratios.
- Deep understanding of IFC operations, including business lines and financial products.
- Experience performing reconciliations and analysis, proficient in working with large data volumes and diligent in documenting workflows.
- Understanding of accounting information flows across multiple systems (Corporate centralized database, accounting subsystems and general ledger, MIS etc.) with experience and knowledge of IFC/World Bank Group accounting systems.
- Competent in office technology tools with advanced Excel and Excel VBA skills.
- Ability to produce quality work with a high degree of accuracy, handle changes in priorities, coordinate work on multiple tasks and work seamlessly with teams in different time-zones.
- Excellent writing, reporting and editing skills in English, with an ability to convey complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.