Deadline: 8 November 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 4 years.
The Financial Officer will work as part of a team of professionals to meet the group’s responsibilities as they relate to the accounting and valuation of financial instruments.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world..
Key Job Responsibilities
The Financial Officer will perform the following functions:
- Review accounting entries and perform daily/monthly control activities for the borrowings and liquid investments portfolios.
- Analyze accounting results as they relate to the portfolios of the financial instruments unit to ensure they are consistent with expectations and business objectives or those deviations are understood and adequately documented.
- This would include the establishment of exception and monitoring reports and review and investigation of the same.
- Prepare and/or review System-to-System reconciliations as well as investigate and resolve differences.
- Prepare and analyze allocation of debt funding to separate pools and preparation of associated pass-through rates for Bank lending products.
- Preparation and quality assurance of calculated market data, evaluation of data sources, and verification of the data reliability.
- Produce valuations for the financial instruments’ portfolios, utilizing Summit, Murex, and Numerix modeling tools.
- Compare and analyze WB valuations versus corresponding Counterparty valuations and other alternative sources.
- Analyze the results of sensitivity to market movements by utilizing Summit tools and formalizing into procedures and reporting
- Proactively interact with World Bank Treasury (TRE) front office business units to stay abreast of new/proposed activities that may have accounting or reporting implications.
- Provide client services to clients within and outside the Bank by providing financial information, training programs and related materials.
- Contribute to cross-unit initiatives and Bank-wide initiatives representing WFASF’s views on matters.
- This includes participating in discussions pertaining to our accounting, controls and policies and implementing new financial instruments.
- Fiduciary responsibility in reviewing policies and procedures and ensure they are correctly followed.
- Translate new initiatives or financial products into new processes and/or system requirements. This includes documenting approaches and processes, drafting Business Requirements Documents, test plan and testing of system.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve processes and internal controls. Be responsible for promoting controls and ensuring compliance in WFA.
- Provide analysis of results to management and other units in the Bank.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree(s) in Accounting, Finance, and/or Economics and a minimum 5 year’s relevant experience in accounting and pertaining to financial instruments or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree(s) in Accounting, Finance, and/or Economics may be considered in lieu of CPA/CA/ACCA and/or CFA.
- Professional experience with major financial institutions with practical knowledge of interest rate curve construction, yield and FX volatility surfaces and correlations, as well as Bond/Swap valuation methods including cancellable instruments.
- Strong understanding of fixed income products and their related accounting treatment associated with both investment and borrowing related products.
- Good understanding of market data requirements for capital market related trading activities.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, self-confidence and a self-starter.
- Diplomacy and strong interpersonal skills; commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment; detail oriented.
- Proven capacity to multi-task, deliver results and respond quickly and effectively to requests.
- Ability and desire to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent Excel skills including Pivot Tables, Vlookups, macros, and other data and financial related excel functions.
- Highest ethical standards.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.