Deadline: 22 November 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Financial Officer – Banking Relations in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 3 years.
The Financial Officer – Banking Relations will be responsible for specific individual tasks/projects within TROBK’s Banking Relations team in executing TRO’s work program, while maintaining close relationships with the other Treasury departments.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Officer – Banking Relations will perform the following functions:
- Providing expertise on SWIFT products and services and advising business partners on best-in-class products and services to meet their needs.
- Guide SWIFT strategy, keeping abreast of trends and developing technology in the area of SWIFT transaction processing, and managing relationship with SWIFT and related vendors (e.g., Bottomline).
- Perform year-round SWIFT testing related to patches and annual standards upgrade, including weekend work when necessary, and documenting.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual attestation under the SWIFT CSP program coordinating with OIS (SWIFT CSP lead) and ITS.
- Review and prepare Shared Services Agreements for World Bank Group business units utilizing World Bank Treasury services and SWIFT connectivity (IFC and MIGA).
- Provide expertise with industry best practices and emerging trends on managing KYC, global payment sanctions, and AML / CFT programs and initiatives, and providing recommendations and addressing queries on these functions.
- Provide expertise with payment fraud prevention and detection tools, including assessing market best practice and implementation of tools/systems to help manage payment fraud risk.
- Act as the point of contact for the team’s critical efficiency tools, a case management system and DocuSign (electronic signatures).
- Work effectively within the team, as well as with colleagues across Treasury and World Bank business units in applying technical skills and knowledge to support and implement process improvements to the team’s risk management and operational processes.
- Mentor and provide guidance to global team responsible for static data and SWIFT maintenance to support seamless delivery of team’s work program.
- Perform lead duties for ICFR (Internal Controls over Financial Reporting) activities, including reviewing team’s process narratives, identifying key controls, preparing for walkthroughs and acting as a point of contact for external auditors.
- Perform call-backs with external counterparts, both WBG-initiated call-backs as well as counterparty-initiated call-backs, and documenting.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field (Computer Science / Information Systems, Finance, Mathematics).
- 5 plus years of relevant experience in the financial services industry, preferably with back-office operations; or bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field with extensive (7 years plus) directly related business experience.
- Business-related certifications are a strong plus (CFA, CPA, CA, CTP or equivalent).
- Excellent knowledge of and familiarity with treasury business lines and back-office operational functions, including banking, payment operations and cash management.
- In depth knowledge about SWIFT infrastructure, products and services is required.
- Proficiency with one or more treasury IT systems (e.g., Summit, Quantum, Murex, SimCorp Dimension, or other treasury system) is required.
- Successful track record of achieving high quality results and managing relevant projects to meet team and departmental objectives.
- Quick learning abilities, and proven ability to conceptualize, design and implement innovative solutions and challenge the status quo to improve and expand the business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage simultaneous competing demands and deliver on time.Displays a high degree of self-motivation, accountability, a positive attitude, and the ability and drive to lead and collaborate in a team-based, multi-cultural work environment.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written – to effectively share and exchange information.
- The ability to listen actively, obtain necessary input, share ideas and express views and opinions diplomatically and confidently, speak persuasively, and convey information in a clear, objective, and concise manner.
- Reliable team player with strong interpersonal skills, and commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.Ability to mentor staff.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong client focuses and services skills, including the ability to listen, assess and respond to client needs.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.