Deadline: 15 June 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Reporting Specialist in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Financial Reporting Specialist will the following functions:
- Corporate financial statements
- Financial oversight and monitoring
- Internal and external audit coordination
- Capacity building / system improvement
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Financial Management or a related field is required.
- First-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in combination with additional 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Professional certification in accounting (CA, CPA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, etc.), audit (CIA) or equivalent desirable and considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant working experience within an international environment in the areas of financial reporting, audit and accounting.
- A thorough knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is required.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to use software tools to present data clearly and concisely is a requirement.
- Knowledge and experience in ERP system developments and process improvements and automation is considered an asset.
- Ability to constructively challenge the status quo and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.