Deadline: 29 June 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Sector Specialist in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post 4 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Sector Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Serve as team member for lending operations, advisory, and analytical work, and contribute to the delivery and quality of financing and knowledge engagements in Egypt.
- Work on financial sector development issues in Egypt.
- Initially, the focus will be on macro-prudential issues and affordable housing finance, but the work program is expected to evolve over time.
- Ability to connect financial sector development with private sector development would be a plus.
- Lead and/or support the implementation of ongoing/proposed FCI financing/lending projects and advisory services and analytics (ASAs) and contribute to developing a work program of future financing and ASAs to meet the country’s needs in line with country and GP priorities.
- Engage in country strategic dialogue with clients on the design of policies to promote sound, efficient and inclusive financial sectors, as well as in consultations with various stakeholders including donors, development partners, civil society and beneficiaries.
- Provide inputs to other Global Practices on financial / private sector related policies; build and maintain relationships with clients in government and the financial sector as well as other development partners.
- Interact predominantly with counterparts at the working level in national governments, supervisory authorities or other businesses and organizations, as well as acts as liaison between team members in headquarters and Country Offices and with public sector counterparts.
- Support the design of new lending operations and ASA activities to foster financial in Egypt as well as help monitor the implementation and impact of the existing lending and ASA projects.
- Collect relevant financial sector data, conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of financial sector issues, and collaborate in the production of technical notes on financial sector developments in Egypt; and help with the dissemination of analytical work.
- Contribute to a variety of written products and communications, including components of major reports (Briefs, Analytical Notes, Back to Office Reports, Aide Memoires, Project Concept Notes, and Project Documents), as well as drafts other technical working papers for wider circulation.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Management or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience including of working in the financial sector/public sector/international organizations.
- Experience working on financial sector issues in Egypt.
- Experience with a broad range of financial sector policy and technical issues, with a strong background in finance (and a focus on macroprudential and/or housing finance) and ability to develop technical skills in private sector development.
- Experience of MENA region financial and private sectors, particularly in Egypt.
- Mature professional to inspire confidence in country officials, and work in a culturally diverse environment.
Possess strong client engagement skills.
- Strong judgment on operational, country, and practice issues. Strong results focus, with a track record of supporting/leading teams to deliver projects and activities.
- English and Arabic mandatory.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.