Deadline: 13 May 2016
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of General Manager – Finance in Kenya.
The General Manager – Finance will be responsible for leading and managing the Group Finance function, key focus will be the strategic alignment of the overall finance requirement and business strategy whilst implementing business plans and providing guidance on financial policies.
AKDN’s mission is to improve the welfare and prospects of people in the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa, without regard to faith, origin or gender.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The General Manager – Finance will perform the following functions-
- Prepare timely financial plans and forecasts at the Group Company level – IPS (K) and Project Companies.
- Monitor budgetary requirements for Project Companies for their annual running.
- Review accounts and challenge the performance of the Project Companies.
- Ensure timely and efficient preparation of financial reports and meeting of reporting deadlines of the Project Companies as well as the Group Company.
- Ensure compliance with taxation, capital, regulatory and statutory accounting requirements.
- Ensure all Companies are adequately covered by relevant insurances.
- Responsible for financial consolidations for the Group.
- Assist in financial information for acquisitions and divestment.
- Coordination with Corporate & Legal Department on Board Meeting/AGM.
- Manage annual audits process for all Companies and negotiate audit fees for all group entities.
- Assist in arranging for financing for the Group Company and the Project Companies.
- Drive the project financing for all the infrastructure projects.
- Directly responsible for the management and development of the finance teams at the Group Company and for each of the Project Companies.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelors’ degree in Commerce; ideally with an ACCA/CA/CPA or related degree.
- 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial and operations management experience.
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has previously overseen a human resources function.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AKDN.