Deadline: 21 June 2019
SNV is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Global Accounting Support Officer in The Hague, Netherlands. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Global Accounting Support Officer will support country finance and project teams with the implementation and execution of standardised financial accounting activities, improvement of execution of standard processes and improvement of data integrity and financial reporting.
SNV’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Global Accounting Support Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to the country organisations regarding accounting of primary processes and the reporting process.
- Report process includes the general ledger close, review of trial balances, review of project administration, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable analysis, analyse inter-company positions, bank/cash reconciliations and carry out data quality assessments and improvement initiatives.
- Execute the accounting and periodic closing process and financial analysis independently or under the guidance of a senior colleague.
- Give on-site support at project or country level.
- Senior Accounting Support officers should have the knowledge and experience to replace a Country Finance Manager on a temporary basis.
- Prepare management accounts and financial data that provide accurate and timely financial and statistical information required.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, applied economics, or equivalent by relevant experience in finance.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience in accounting or accounting support functions and with experience of periodical close and financial reporting processes.
- Solid accounting skills including understanding and hands on experience with OtC, PtP and RtR processes.
- Solid understanding of closing and reporting process.
- Good analytical and IT skills.
- Strong communication and articulation skills including advisory skills.
- Fluency in English is required (fluency in French and/or Spanish is an added advantage).
- Pro-active and solution driven.
- Willingness to learn and to further develop accounting and advisory skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must send cover letter and CV (both must be in English) through online process.
For more information, please visit SNV.