Deadline: 5 June 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Governance and Public Sector Specialist in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Governance and Public Sector Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the task team in the day-to-day project management, including follow-up and monitoring of the implementation activities, preparation of Terms of References for consultants, preparation of communication with the Government counterparts, consultants and the wider Bank team.
- Draft and review program monitoring and supervision documents, management briefs, and similar.
- Support the preparation and follow-up of technical and supervision missions, including the organization, workshops, capacity building activities, and review and editing of technical reports and presentations on PFM, decentralization, and other public administration reform related issues.
- Support the task team in the preparation of the second phase of the PFM modernization project and the Enhancing the Institutional Capacity Building of the State and Region Governments Project and the related government programs.
- Liaise and follow up with other team members, consultants, and government counterparts.
- Work in close coordination with senior experts on PFM and decentralization related topics, including budget preparation and execution, treasury systems and tax administration, fiscal and administration decentralization, ICTs and governance, and other areas of interest.
- Provide technical input to advisory notes on PFM, decentralization, and other public administration reform related topics.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent qualification in the field of public finance management, political science, economics, business administration, public accounting or similar area of expertise with at least 5 year’s of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of public financial management, specifically in one or more of the following areas: budget preparation and execution processes; public investment management; tax administration; and PFM information systems.
- Knowledge of decentralization/local governance, especially in one or more of the following areas: fiscal decentralization, subnational planning and expenditures, service delivery and ICTs.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience with international organizations or similar is desirable.
- Experience in analytical work related to public financial management and public expenditure analysis.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment.
- Results-oriented with proven problem-solving skills, and self-starter; recommends and takes decisive action.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.