Deadline: 11 March 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Governance Specialist in Sri Lanka.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Governance Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provides technical advice on environmental governance
- Provide technical advice in the development of adaptation strategy
- Provides technical expertise to staff while ensuring coordination of technical efforts across the sites and knowledge sharing
Applicant must have:
- Advanced degree in public administration, development policy, NRM, or another governance-related field
- Extensive experience working throughout the Maldives on climate change governance and its crosscutting issues, including climate change policy and framework development, institutional strengthening, engagement of civil society, and improving transparency and accountability
- Proven expertise in project leadership, technical assistance, and oversight with a demonstrated knowledge of climate change and environmental governance sector regulations, policies, and frameworks
- Record of establishing strategic partnerships with government and non-government actors and networking to ensure high-quality implementation and result achievement
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-cultural environments
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and Sinhalese or Tamil required
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.