Deadline: 24 July 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Grants Accountant in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Grants Accountant will perform the following functions-
- Participate in PAs decision-making.
- Support the PAs Management team to ensure that financial resources are optimally used for the benefit of Plan families and their communities.
- Build capacities of communities in project financial management.
- Review cash disbursement vouchers.
- Review purchase requisitions and orders for the Girls Education Challenge Grant.
- Review payment packages for budget availability and correct coding.
- Monitor budget versus expenditure for the GEC Grant.
- Ensure timely processing and disbursement of payments to suppliers.
- Manage the project bank account in line with provided guidelines and cash management.
- Manage general ledger accounting system.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations related to the project.
- Prepare monthly Financial and Management reports for the GEC grant.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in Accounting.
- CIS or equivalent qualification.
- At least 3 year’s experience in a similar role working in a computerized accounting office in an NGO set up.
- MS Office Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills and use of relevant accounting software packages.
- Nationality of Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.