Deadline: 26 June 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Grants Finance Coordinator in Amman, Jordan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Grants Finance Coordinator is responsible for disbursement and receipt of cash resources, banking of cash collected, maintenance of inventory records, prepare advance, following on Partner Agreement and PMT and contracts and filing of all financial records.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Grants Finance Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate and oversee the development of selected grant proposals; instructs staff and administrators regarding funding guidelines; facilitates program planning; develops evaluation designs and procedures; writes and edits all or portions of proposals for funding; reviews and/or prepares budget narratives and summaries for grant proposals; coordinates college-wide review process for proposals; mediates conflicts between grant development team members; reviews and synthesizes information from many sources which relate to program development.
- Coordinate the grant making process from application stages to project conclusion.
- Manage grant applications, responding to enquiries and sending out correspondence to grantees.
- Prepare complete and accurately coded payment packages and GL entries.
- Prepare cash request for Country Office.
- Create the CO cost centers and upload the operating budget into SAP.
- Prepare checks/transfers.
- Review the petty cash settlements and do the disbursement on time.
- Review Plan partners settlements and do the disbursement on time according to the partner financial report and agreement.
- Record the country expenditure in SAP.
- Recording all financial transactions related to the payments in SAP.
- Contribute to the preparation of CO year end schedules and ensure they are reflected in the financial system.
- Prepare advance and contract monitoring reports.
- File all payment vouchers, journals and receipts sequentially.
- File all departmental correspondence after the financial transaction
- Make sure that all of the finical records are in compliance with Plan Jordan Policy.
Applicants must have-
- B.A degree preferably a degree in Accounting, or equivalent qualification.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in EU and other donors Grants and Finance field.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages.
- Knowledge of corporate grants management and reporting processes.
- Experience writing and reporting on grants for institutional and / or state donors.
- Experience of financial administration and bookkeeping.
- Legal experience, particularly around contracts.
- Ability to take charge of the accounting functions in the absence of the Accountant.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Plan International.