Deadline: 1 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Finance and Operations in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Head of Finance and Operations will perform the following functions-
- Technical and Advisory Support
- As a key leadership role for the WSSCC, monitor and supervise a team and direct all aspects of finance and operations to support achievement of results, ensure proper controls whilst driving compliances with WSSCC strategies, UNOPS financial rules and regulations, policies and standards of accountability, ethics and integrity.
- Provide technical advice and operational guidance on country programme approaches covering operations, financial monitoring and oversight, risk assessment and mitigation and review of implementing partners financial and operations oversight structures and systems.
- Financial Management
- Coordinate development of financial elements of WSSCC workplan and budget and provide support and guidance to heads of units in overall work-planning and budgeting aspects.
- Closely liaise with all heads of WSSCC units to monitor, mitigate risk and troubleshoot issues that might cause interruption of finance and operations workflows and delivery targets.
- Implement effective internal control, proper design and functioning of financial resource management arrangements for the upstream and downstream financial activities.
- Operations Management
- Carry out contracts management including evaluating contractual arrangements, legal commitments and risks for appropriate action, and evaluate performance service providers.
- In close collaboration with UNOPS, support the maintenance of secure and reliable ICT environment, including adequate plans for disaster recovery.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging the use of IT to enhance business operations and efficiency and to facilitate knowledge management, internal training as well as information sharing.
- Manage the acquisition, maintenance, inventory, recording, verification and protection of WSSCC administrative facilities/assets, including IT infrastructure, equipment and servers.
- Manage the timely and efficient delivery of all administrative services and supervise the logistics of events and workshops, including early planning and the related arrangements.
- Knowledge Management
- Support and promote learning culture by empowering individuals to identify learning needs and plans for learning opportunities to maintain personnel competency and flexibility.
- Contribute to the development and introduction of innovation to ensure WSSCC is continually incorporating best practice approaches in the areas of finance and operations.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting, auditing, business administration, economics, commerce or Certified Public Account (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) or similarly recognized accreditation is required.
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Minimum 7 year’s experience in financial and operations management, finance in a large international and/or corporate organization, with 3 years of these experiences in Africa or Asia.
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience, including proven track record in managing personnel and operational operations
- Experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Experience dealing with UN regulations, rules and policies in the areas of finance, contracting, procurement and human resources is desirable.Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French would be an asset and other UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.