Deadline: 30 August 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Finance in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Head of Finance will be responsible to analyse and interpret financial rules and regulations and provides solutions for a wide spectrum of complex financial issues, promoting a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Finance will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Advice and Guidance
- Reliable strategic and technical advice and timely performance management reports to MMOC projects, programmes, and Management Group, to enable and encourage informed management engagement on financial issues.
- Advice to MMOC senior leadership on cost reduction strategies aimed at maintaining MMOC’s financial viability.
- Participation in the development and implementation of the MMOC business plan as a strategic partner.
- Provide advise to MMOC senior leadership on financial performance against the annual delivery targets with the purpose of informed strategic decision and resource allocation in line with the organizational priorities.
- Financial Management, Reporting and Controls
- Continuous review of financial and accounting operations ensuring adequate financial controls are in place to protect financial resources and ensure reliability of data and financial reports.
- Development and implementation of UNOPS Myanmar financial management Standard Operating Procedures, guidelines and control mechanisms, in conformity with UNOPS rules and regulations.
- Management of the operating and management budgets including review, analysis, reporting, monitoring performance and identification of administrative budgetary requirements including provision of guidance on budget preparation and the procedures for submission to facilitate consolidation at the regional level.
- Timely and accurate financial reports to funding sources in accordance with UNOPS rules and procedures and established donor requirements
- Financial Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
- Contribute to the development of internal capacity across MMOC in financial accounting.
- Develop capacity of stakeholders in financial accounting by leading, organizing and conducting training/workshops, identifying expert resources to facilitate as needed.
- Synthesize and disseminate of lessons learned and best practices in Finance, and offer sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Management and Leadership
- Leadership and oversight of the Finance Unit, establishing strategic team objectives, key performance indicators, and measurement standards toward delivering expected results.
- Management of the “managed cash-flow (MCF)” mechanism and implementation of internal controls, risk management and planning of related MCF activities, including a team upwards of 80 personnel.
- Continuous assessment of the performance and effectiveness of financial services, recommending changes and/or corrective actions in the team structure and/or finance operations to enhance and maintain effectiveness in the changing environment.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in with an additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of Master’s Degree.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in financial management and accounting.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a management role directly supervising multiple personnel.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing financial systems and budgets.
- Knowledge of international accounting and financial reporting standards is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of UN and UNOPS financial regulations and rules as well as procurement procedures would be an asset.
- Experience in multi-donor and multi-agency accounting, budgeting and auditing is highly desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.