Deadline: 24 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Finance in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Head of Finance will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Advice and Guidance
- Reliable strategic and technical advice and timely performance management reports to MMOC projects, programmes, and Management Group, to enable and encourage informed management engagement on financial issues.
- Advice to MMOC senior leadership on cost reduction strategies aimed at maintaining MMOC’s financial viability.
- Participation in the development and implementation of the MMOC business plan as a strategic partner.
- Provide advice to MMOC senior leadership on financial performance against the annual delivery targets with the purpose of informed strategic decision and resource allocation in line with the organizational priorities.
- Financial Management, Reporting and Controls
- Continuous review of financial and accounting operations ensuring adequate financial controls are in place to protect financial resources and ensure reliability of data and financial reports.
- Development and implementation of UNOPS Myanmar financial management Standard Operating Procedures, guidelines and control mechanisms, in conformity with UNOPS rules and regulations.
- Management of the operating and management budgets including review, analysis, reporting, monitoring performance and identification of administrative budgetary requirements including provision of guidance on budget preparation and the procedures for submission to facilitate consolidation at the regional level.
- Timely and accurate financial reports to funding sources in accordance with UNOPS rules and procedures and established donor requirements.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an additional 2 year’s of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of Master’s Degree.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible leadership experience in financial management and accounting.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in a management role directly supervising multiple personnel.
- Minimum 5 year’s of experience managing financial systems and budgets.
- Knowledge of international accounting and financial reporting standards is required.
- Knowledge of UN and UNOPS financial regulations and rules as well as procurement procedures would be an asset.
- Experience in multi-donor and multi-agency accounting, budgeting and auditing is highly desirable.
- Experience in a large-scale project management environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of budgetary procedures, policies and practices is desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.