Deadline: 27 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Support Services in Kampala, Uganda. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Head of Support Services will ensure the existence of effective and efficient business support in the CO’s finance, human resources, procurement and logistics activities.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Support Services will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Management Roles:
- Participate as a member of the SMT in the development of the mission and the Annual Plan in accordance with the DRC Global Policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving resource management in the mission, together with SMT.
- Identify both short term and long term resource needs and translate these into objectives and priorities for future DRC projects.
- Advise and inform the CD in regards to the development, monitoring and assessment of the ongoing programs in terms of resource management.
- Participate in drafting project proposals, and on the use of resources according to budgets and policies.
- Ensure financial regulations, procedures and documentation requirements are adhered to in DRC country operation.
- Provide overall financial planning support to Head of Programs, advise on spending and financial spending strategies, provide accurate financial outlook of the programs on a regular basis.
- Provide inputs to budget development and guidance on overall financial management support to the budget holders.
- Constantly check the integrity and robustness of financial procedures, possible mismanagement and suggest corrective actions to minimize losses.
- HR and Administration:
- Direct management of administrative and finance personnel at manager level, indirect management of the officers in field offices, and monitoring the conduct of other staff in relation to the rules and policies of DRC.
- Ensure an honest, timely and quality delivery of administrative and financial operations and services at all levels of organisation hierarchy, through sound recruitment, firm internal controls and reporting, solid coordination between projects and personnel, and internal audits.
- Facilitation of continued learning and improvement through training, coaching, and communication amongst personnel, and organising sessions for self-evaluation and goal-setting.
- Ensure that effective HR policies are in place and implemented.
- Supply Chain (Logistics, Procurement) and IT:
- Provide supervision to country procurement and logistics inclusive of related information management and maintenance, requests for quotations, quality control and ensuring the set procedures are followed.
- Supervise country procurement and logistics personnel, and ensuring logistics team’s close cooperation with the departments for admin/finances, human resources and program operations.
- Monitor procurement procedures and ensuring that items are accounted for and quality/quantity controlled in stock reports and asset inventory management system.
- Team Management and Coordination:
- Direct supervision and management of staff in the relevant areas of responsibility. This will include regular team meeting and strong follow up of objectives set for the staff under direct supervision.
- Develop a network with other INGOs on finance and administration-related topics and ensure a proactive communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Share and coordinate administration and finance related information with the Head of Programs and other staff, and attend any internal coordination meetings.
Applicants must have:
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting and Addition Professional qualification such as ACCA/CPA or equivalent is desired.
- 7 years INGO or other international agencies experience in finance and operations management in international humanitarian set up, including demonstrated ability to set up operational management systems in a large programme and direct experience of delivery of humanitarian programme in an emergency response.
- Excellent knowledge in preparing major international donor reports and knowledge of major donor rules including UNHCR, UNICEF, ECHO, EC, DFID, DANIDA and USG.
- Possess strong accounting, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven Communication and Management Skills.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- At least 3 year’s proven experience in implementation of an ERP system.
- Previous experience in setting up systems in a new country program is an asset.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision.
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
- Nationality of Uganda.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.