Deadline: 2 March 2017
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Economist in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Health Economist will perform the following functions-
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the budget process and broader PFM system and reforms underway in PNG, whilst promoting others understanding and compliance with the processes/ policies.
- Through the budget process, help to build stronger links between the respective departments of health, finance, treasury and planning.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the health financing and delivery system in PNG, including specific features of these small island state health systems and their operating contexts, which constrain equitable and efficient service delivery.
- Support the National Department of Health to improve the quality of their annual budget submissions and budget execution, and to develop basic medium term financial planning linked to national health plans.
- Work with and mentor National Department of Health technical staff at the central and provincial level to build a strong understanding of core PFM functions and accountabilities in line with the respective government’s PFM reforms and processes.
- Work as part of a development partner group in Papua New Guinea, building and sustaining effective relationships with high-level government officials and development partners (this would include participating in and contributing to the monthly health development partner meeting in Port Moresby, as well as specific PFM or related working groups, as requested).
- Contribute to broader analytical work in the health sector, as well as World Bank analytical and advisory work in other sectors, as requested by the TTL.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (accounting/finance/economics).
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of experience working in accounting/financial management in a low-middle income international development context; experience in the health sector is highly desirable.
- Good analytical skills and track record of teamwork and ability to produce quality results and outputs under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Strong client orientation, interpersonal and diplomatic skills, with ability to contribute to policy and program discussions with government officials.
- Experience working in small states with very limited financial management technical capacity is desirable, particularly the ability to explain and present concepts in clear and simple ways.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural teams and environment, and willingness to travel regularly to provinces to support implementation of work programs and skills development by provincial health management teams.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and writing skills in English.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.