Deadline: 12 February 2020
Palladium is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources for Health (HRH) and Capacity Advisor in Sokoto, Nigeria.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The HRH and Capacity Building Advisor will be responsible to provide guidance to the SMOH/SPHCDA in planning, production, management, governance, skill building and performance enhancement of Human Resources for Health (HRH); implementation and improved utilization of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS); and organizational capacity strengthening to deliver quality integrated family planning, maternal and newborn health, child health, nutrition and malaria (IRMNCH +NM) services at state, LGA, facility and community levels.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HRH and Capacity Building Advisor will perform the following:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- HRH System Strengthening
- Work with the state Leadership and Governance Advisor and field staff to provide technical oversight and quality assurance of HRH, at the state, the Local Government Health Authority (LGHA), the facility and community levels in IHP supported states.
- Support and build the capacity of the SMOH/SPHCDA to develop and implement State HRH strategies and plans, coordinate HRH activities of implementing partners.
- Facilitate the SMOH/SPHCDA to lead the HRH technical working groups to adapt, domesticate and disseminate HRH related guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery at scale.
- Provide technical assistance to SPHCDA, LGHAs and relevant HRH structures including the private sector to develop state HR systems: institutionalizing HRH governance and planning, monitoring, analysis and forecasting of health workforce needs, workload analysis and HRH data management and utilization.
- Capacity Building
- Program, facility, staff assessment.
- Defined need from program reports, outputs, outcomes.
- Identified gaps in capacity/skills from ISS and scorecards.
- New strategy and/or implementation approach.
- Support the state and LGHA review and strengthen health workforce in-service training/learning systems to efficiently deliver state level master trainings and cascade training to lower levels including training quality assurance systems.
- Provide technical expertise to SPHCDA, LGHA, facility management committees (FMCs), ward development committees (WDCs) and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to conduct assessments of capacity to manage and deliver quality RMNCH +NM services at the PHC level in line the MSP and WHS.
- Provide TA at state level to generate training profiles that will define training Content (modification/adaptation as needed; mid and final course examination) where they do not exist or work in line with the adapted National training tools.
- Provide TA to appropriate State focal person for maintaining training database, training calendar, archived library of all training material, evaluations, exams and reports as needed of all approved profiles.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Advanced Degree in financial management, organizational development, health planning and management, public health, business administration, or related fields.
- At least 8 year’s experience focused on strengthening the capacity of government institutions, health facilities’, community-based structures and local organizations.
- Expertise in HRH management and enhancement aimed at improving the quality of health services.
- Significant experience applying mainstream institutional strengthening approaches such as Organizational Capacity Assessment, Institutional Strengthening Planning, Strategic Planning, Training of Trainers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of proven adult based training approaches.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public and private sector health systems at the state, LGHA and community levels is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of local culture and a deep understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding the delivery of RMNCH +NM services.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Palladium.