Deadline: 26 May 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Innovative Finance Associate in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Innovative Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support the various activities of the SDG Finance Facility platform. This includes:
- Effective liaison between members of the platform – including donor partners, technical partners, government counterparts and other UNDP teams/ UN agencies
- Instrument scoping and structuring
- Key part of the role involves leveraging past experience with innovative financial instruments to scope for market potential and viability as well as outline appropriate structures.
- Carry out basic due diligence, evaluating regulatory constraints (if any), market opportunities and determining overall financial and social attractiveness.
- Identify key risks and mitigation factors.
- Provide in-depth strategic and analytical support
- Mapping and Landscape Assessment
- Use current available information to map, analyze and interpret current and future potential for innovative finance instruments – including identifying trends and areas of growth.
- Develop and implement strategy for outreach accordingly
Preparing an annual report on the state of innovative finance in India.
- Partnerships development
- Identify and engage with potential partners for the platform including private sector partners, philanthropic institutions, family held funds, and Government departments
- Investor relations and catalysing financing for incubated instruments
- Map lapscape and identifying prospects who could invest in instruments being incubated including: SDG Bonds, Muncipal Bonds, Public Equities and Impact Bonds.
- Prepare investment pitches, concept notes, crystallising the value proposition (social and financial) and engaging in strategic discussions
- Operations related responsibilities
- Preparing periodic (quarterly/ semi-annual) progress reports for donors/ partners.
- Curate and coordinate various meetings, roadshows and workshops conducted by the platform.
- Ongoing monitoring and coordination
- Support UNDP with development of additional SDG Finance Initiatives
- SDG Finance Facility is a start-up within UNDP – lean and dynamic.
- The success of the Facility as a delivery platform for the wider UNDP/ UN system is key to creating value for partners and this will involve regular engagement with other teams/ agencies.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/ finance/ economics/ social sciences.
- Knowledge of financial markets, debt/ equity instruments and innovative financial instruments financial instruments highly desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in (or with) investing/ strategy consulting firms/ financial services/ public finance /corporate finance / Pay-for-Success instruments or debt markets.
- Proven experience in planning and implementation of projects involving multiple stakeholders, in time-bound manner.
- Extremely task/ detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate clear ideas across a variety of mediums (in-person, phone, email, web, etc.).
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Fluency in Written and Oral English.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.