Deadline: 05 December 2022
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International Operation Manager in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The International Operation Manager will perform the following functions-
- Under delegated authority from the Regional Director, the Operations Manager provides strategic direction of the UNFPA operations with the following expected results:
- Contribute to the delivery of the country programme, and overall operations are carried out, effectively, efficiently, on time and in a transparent manner;
- Annual and longer-term management targets, at the UNFPA corporate and Regional Office level are met;
- Determine optimal techniques/processes for improving effectiveness and efficiency of business operations;
- Knowledge is shared and applied within the Regional Office, and the RO participates actively in the management practice;
- Build capacity of operation staff through coaching and mentoring on staff on all aspects of operations management;
- Create a learning environment; establish and institutionalize learning opportunities within the Regional Office.
- Under delegated authority, the Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to- day management of UNFPA’s operations:
- Financial Management: has senior manager rights in Atlas and ensures the integrity of financial systems, review of budget requirements and the consistent application or rules and regulations;
- General Administration: manages RO travel, logistics and premises; establishment of work plans, and monitors the achievement of results;
- Service Provision: is responsible for high quality provision of procurement and other project support services.
- Monitors quality and timeliness of services provided by Service Providers;
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in Finance and Public /Business Administration, Public Policy or other relevant social sciences
- At least 7 year’s of relevant experience in development in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi-cultural setting, including 3 or more years of senior-level management responsibilities in a challenging and complex organizational setting;
- Excellent management and leadership skills with the ability to build strong relationships with clients, focus on impact and result, and responds positively to feedback;
- Solid knowledge in financial management, contracts, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, and general administration;
- Ability to lead business processes re-engineering, to implement new systems, and to positively affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal changes;
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of another UN language such as French and /or Arabic, would be desirable
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.