Deadline: 20 June 2022
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Investment Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Investment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provides technical and analytical support to PSOD’s Senior Management Team on matters relating to nonsovereign operations;
- Oversees the central management and coordination of PSOD-wide audits including tracking of related action plans;
- Promotes best-in-class operational risk management, reporting and controls in nonsovereign operations;
- Supports PSOD’s organizational resilience efforts including development and maintenance of enhanced business continuity management for the department; and
- Implements process reforms and related reengineering efforts to streamline and improve the efficiency and productivity of nonsovereign operations (e.g. redesign of the nonsovereign credit process; introduction of new policies, protocols, process manuals and templates, etc.).
- Strategic Initiatives
- Supports the implementation of the Operational Plan for Private Sector Operations;
- Assists in the development of new products and modalities for nonsovereign operations;
- Participates in various institutional initiatives (e.g. nonsovereign COVID-19 response);
- Contributes to One ADB efforts including facilitating collaboration with other departments and coordinating PSOD inputs to Country Partnership Strategies and Country Operations Business Plans; and
- Engages in interdepartmental working groups and other special projects.
- Knowledge Sharing
- Participates in and contributes to relevant learning events and other activities for knowledge building; and
- Maintains and shares knowledge of emerging best practices.
- Staff Supervision
- Supervises the performance of junior staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance; and
- Ensures the on-going learning and development of junior staff.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance, preferably with advanced training
- At least 8 year’s of relevant professional experience
- Strong team player and can lead teams
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of ADB’s operational processes and procedures
- Proven ability to undertake research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks; collect and organize required data and information; apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and organizing the data; and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports
- Good analytical thinking, with ability to comprehend causal links, make pros-and-cons analysis, and analyze factors to reach a decision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.