Deadline: 13 March 2020
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Investment Officer in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 2 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Investment Officer will perform the following functions:
- Work across industries and regions with colleagues on all levels to help identify and execute manufacturing and consumer services investment transactions in the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Participate in all aspects of IFC’s investment processing cycle from project development to disbursement.
- Utilize research tools effectively to conduct in-depth benchmarking analysis by sectors, companies and geographies.
- Analyze financial statements and prepare financial models.
- Prepare project-related documents (e.g. investment committee presentation) for internal and external audiences.
- Prepare notes / reports on relevant investment themes, events and breaking news.
- Analyze development impact and ensure IFC could deliver their mission.
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing clients to ensure responsive client service and proactive new business development.
- Undertake portfolio supervision work including periodic reviews of projects.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification/ experience.
- Prior professional experience (at least 2 year’s) in corporate or project financing, including investment banking, commercial banking, private equity, equity research or business consulting.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills to build succinct and convincing analyses and presentations.
- Strong research and quantitative skills, with preference for a background in financial analysis and modeling.
- Strong client service orientation with openness to feedback and new ideas;Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- Fluency in other languages is a plus.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop effective relationships within and outside IFC.
- Ability to work flexibly on a range of assignments, cope with shifting priorities at short notice, and still deliver top quality work while meeting tight deadlines.
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
- Experience in emerging market is preferred (experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, will be a plus).
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively in a multicultural setting.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.