Deadline: 5 August 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Associate in Conakry, Guinea.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide professional support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food aid to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate Supply Chain requests and ensure timely delivery of goods and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Manage the procurement activities of logistics suppliers in collaboration with the logistics manager and other colleagues, including the monitoring and processing of related information.
- Support the collection of market intelligence, vendor assessments (eg carriers, retailers) to support the vendor selection process.
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and consider inventory status from source to recipient.
- Analyze the operational pipeline and contribute to the assessments and operational planning of all delivery modalities to ensure that supply chain needs are considered.
- Support the Supply Chain unit in the organization, design and implementation of capacity building programs for external partners as well as for WFP staff.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support the management of logistics operations and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Support the Logistics Manager in all aspects covering the logistics operation across the country.
Applicants must have:
- High school diploma.
- Post-secondary certificate in logistics, supply chain, management or finance.
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience, including a minimum of 4 years in the field of logistics or supply chain.
- Experience in the use of enterprise systems and the execution of queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims and food stock.
- Experience in administering contracts with third-party service providers.
- Experience in compiling contractual documentation.
- Experience in contract performance.
- Experience in monitoring and budget reporting.
- Teamwork skills, communication, ethical values, interpersonal skills, stress resistance are required for the best candidates.
- Knowledge of WFP and / or UN rules and regulations, policies and procedures. Knowledge of the IT tool (MS office and logistics management software).
- Proficiency in both spoken and written French.
- knowledge of English would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.