Deadline: 21 February 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Associate in Djibouti City, Djibouti.
The Logistics Associate will provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Associate will perform the following functions-
- Assume role of SSCO LESS Process Expert (LPE) and ensure support is provided to all logistics and program staff.
- Collect and collate best practices noted and disseminate within Djibouti Logistics at CO.
- Periodically conduct commodity accounting system refresher training and briefings whether online or classroom-based.
- Liaise closely with WFP RB & HQ teams and apply developed reports to monitor information management system usage and data quality monitoring reports.
- In moving forward, work closely with HOL and later the LESS WFP RB/HQ team with ongoing effort in determining overall information management system efficient gains and cost saving for WFP Djibouti.
- Establish a weekly commodity update report also highlighting system usage, challenge and success faced with information management system as well as best practices.
- Weekly update should also highlight outcome from queries received from Sub Offices.
- Monitor data quality and take corrective measures to rectify wrongly captured transactions and ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Escalate the problems to RB and HQ and follow-up till a solution is received.
- Ensure new master data configuration and update are communicated to HQ on a timely fashion.
- In close liaison with CO Programme /Reporting Units, ensure commodity movement’s part of the standard project reports, SPRs, are finalized and cleared by CO within the deadlines and all expenditure and stock movements are captured in timely manner.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
- Experience in compiling contract documentation.
- Experience in contract execution.
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
- Experience of 4 Years working in the same field.
- Knowledge of routine work and methods to apply procedures with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
- Fluency in English language.
- Fluency or intermediate knowledge of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.